A multi-agency investigation into the distribution of cocaine, crack cocaine and opiates ended Nov. 15 in the arrest of 13 suspects — including one from Bluffton — on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute 5 kilograms or more of cocaine.
The investigation into the drug trafficking organization led agents to seize more than $45,000, 37 firearms, more than 45 kilograms of cocaine, more than 1 kilogram of crack cocaine, 100 grams of heroin, 129 grams of MDMA (Ecstasy), 1 pound of marijuana, and five cars that were used by the drug trafficking organization, a U.S. Attorney’s Office news release said.
The investigation included 11 search warrants served in Jasper and Beaufort counties, Pooler, Savannah, Suwanee, Ga., and Tampa, Fla.
The suspects charged were:
• Demetrius Dwayne Swinton, also known as “Million Dolla Meat,” 30, Pooler.
• Liz Ashante Christopher, 30, Suwanee.
• Christopher Johnson, also known as “Unc,” 48, Ridgeland.
• Travis Wiggins, also known as “Trap,” 26, Ridgeland.
• Derrick Edwards, also known as “Markie,” 24, Ridgeland.
• Johnita Anderson, also known as “Goat,” 35, Hardeeville.